Roberto Trotta: Reflections on the invisible
I found the first “Picturing the Invisible” network workshop incredibly stimulating: you don’t often get the opportunity to engage cross-disciplinarily with experts in as diverse areas as neuroscience, philosophy, forensic sciences, psychoanalysis, and to bring them together with ideas and work done in fine art, curatorial practices, architecture and art history.
Several unsuspected links emerged for me in the two days of talks and discussions in the beautiful and inspiring venue of the Sir John Soane Museum.
- Design practice and methods
- Art theory
- Architecture not elsewhere classified
- Digital curation and preservation
- British and Irish literature
- Forensic science and management
- Textile and fashion design
- Medical ethics
- Psychiatry (incl. psychotherapy)
- Philosophy of mind (excl. cognition)
- High energy astrophysics and galactic cosmic rays