Picturing The Invisible
This project brings together leading academics from a wide range of disciplines including Art and Design, Architecture, Curatorial Practice, Literature, Forensic Science, Fashion, Medical Science, Psychoanalysis & Psychotherapy, Philosophy and Astrophysics with a shared interest in exploring how, in each discipline, we strive to find expression for the invisible or unknown.
As our understanding of the complexity of the world grows incrementally, so our realisation that issues and problems can rarely be resolved within neat demarcations. Therefore, the importance of finding means of communicating across disciplines and fields becomes a priority.
Whilst acknowledging the essential importance of the specialist academic, the capacity to understand other disciplines, their priorities, methodologies and even the language used, can become crucial in being an effective instrument for change.
CITE THIS COLLECTION
- Design practice and methods
- Art history, theory and criticism not elsewhere classified
- Art theory
- Architecture not elsewhere classified
- Digital curation and preservation
- British and Irish literature
- Forensic science and management
- Textile and fashion design
- Medical ethics
- Psychiatry (incl. psychotherapy)
- Philosophy of mind (excl. cognition)
- High energy astrophysics and galactic cosmic rays